Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer Music

Summer is almost here! After a couple of stressful weeks here at VCSU with online classes and the flood, I am definitely looking forward to the summer and all it has to offer. NO school or homework, warm weather, camping, the lakes, and MUSIC.

Around the Midwest area, we have quite a few music festivals happening during the summer. Last year after my boyfriend returned from Iraq, I promised him a fun-filled summer. We attended Moondance, We-Fest, and countless other concerts. Music and concerts are a huge part of my summer.

The line-ups for Moondance, Moondance-Jammin Country, and We-Fest, are all very good this year. Journey is at Moondance so my boyfriend should be thrilled! All of these music festivals offer my favorite summer activities: Camping, drinking, hanging out with friends, and listening to great music.

There are plenty of other smaller music events occurring around our area that I will be attending, most occurring in Fargo at the fairgrounds. This year, the Red River Valley Fair has some newer artists to offer for concerts in the grandstands. Zac Brown Band, a new favorite amongst my friends will be performing along with other newbies Gloriana and Joey and Rory. They will also be joined by veterans Diamond Rio and Joe Diffie.

Rib-Fest is another smaller music festival that is wayyyy cheaper than We-Fest. For just a few bucks you can enjoy Rodney Atkins, Eve 6, 32 Below, and others. Plus you can feast on ribs and enjoy being outside.

Not only are music festivals a big part of my summer, but music in general. I always have my i-pod with me when I am mowing the lawn, or going for a walk. Whenever I am camping with friends, we usually have the key turned back in someone’s vehicle and the windows rolled down so we can listen to tunes while setting up the tent and sitting around a campfire.

Hopefully my blogs this semester have shown you how much music affects our lives every day. Think about how much money we spend on CD’s, downloads, concerts, etc. It is crazy! Enjoy your summer and enjoy the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment